JB was born in France and moved to the United States to live the American Dream. After earning his MBA, he had a successful career in Corporate America and served as a division-level controller at a top-5 engineering and architecture company. However, inspired by his grandfather, the judge, he came to realize that his true vocation was in the law.
He earned his law degree at Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota and went on to a successful career with a respected Minnesota law firm. But the limitations of big firm life were not for him, so when he moved to Jacksonville, he opened the Roth Law Firm to dedicate himself to helping businesses and business owners succeed the way he knows best.
JB’s past has made him the ideal attorney for businesses and business-minded individuals. He puts his understanding of both the legal and business world at his client’s service and delights in his relationships with them. The client’s needs and objectives are paramount because JB understands that the function of a lawyer is to learn his client’s story first, then be their staunchest ally from the boardroom to the courtroom.
- State of Florida
- United State Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit (covering Florida, Georgia and Alabama)
- United State Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit (covering 7 Midwestern states from Minnesota to Arkansas)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- St. Johns County Bar Association
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce’s South Council (Board Member)
- St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce
There was never any doubt in Penny’s mind that she wanted to help others. She is the quintessential people person. In her first career, it took the form of working as a veterinary technician at an emergency animal hospital. From saving a pet to helping deliver puppies, she worked for the pet owners’ smile. Her customer service skills and constant drive to learn lead her to take on administrative duties at the hospital as well.
Today, she is putting her skills and empathy to work for the Roth Law Firm. Multi-talented, Penny wears many hats in the firm. She is the firm paralegal and graduated from the University of North Florida’s Paralegal Program. This is when she can put her skills, dedication and unerring attention to detail directly to the firm’s clients’ service. She is also the Office Manager, the invisible hand keeping the wheels of the firm turning.